This job listing has expired! Click here to view the latest Consulting jobs in Nigeria
Founded upon the vision to redefine the image of Africa, Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company committed to the positive economic growth of Africa. In addition to the consultancy services we provide for our clients, we develop and initiate a range of activities to catalyse and facilitate investment, trade and business interest into and across Africa - All with a current focus and commitment to the positive development and transformation of Africa's Agribusiness sector.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
Welcome2Africa is hosting an international trade and investment mission to Nigeria for a selection of investors and other agribusiness stakeholders. This is a fantastic opportunity for the candidate to engage with global stakeholders of Nigeria's agricultural sector, and great for anyone interested in increasing their experience in business development, consultancy or client relations.
This is a fixed term Agribusiness Associate role working closely with the senior management team. The purpose of the role is to work with the head of Agribusiness to identify, contact and process into our database agribusinesses in Nigeria who meet our criteria for funding. You will also be a point of contact with our external partners helping to negotiate contracts and monitor working relationships.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and be expected to work closely with the Head of Agribusiness and other external consultants. They will be experienced, professional and highly organised and will be used to working in a fast-paced environment.
You will be required to be very familiar with the Nigerian Agribusiness market and have good connections in order to identify key clients and come up with effective ways to target and access agribusinesses. You will also be required to liaise with banks and other institutions in order to form relationships to access agribusinesses in their network.
You will be expected to be able to prioritise your workload effectively and work to tight deadlines.
• Researching and identifying and contacting potential agribusiness clients
• Arranging and attending meetings with agribusinesses
• Sending and responding to emails
• Sourcing partners and managing communications with partners
• Updating internal agribusiness client databases and managing files efficiently / effectively.
• Liaising with agribusiness consultants
• Creating brochure of agribusinesses for external clients
• Degree level education in a Nigerian university (Preferably Masters qualified)
• Must have some corporate experience
• Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy
• Ability to use your own initiative is essential you will be required to work with minimal supervision at times
• Must be computer literate as the use of databases / IT systems is essential.
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are essential.
• Capable and friendly with strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
• Ability to take over existing matters and hit the ground running.
• The successful candidate must be organised and disciplined and have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Must be mobile and willing to travel within the country
• Must be fluent in English and either Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa (Knowledge of all 3 would be beneficial)
60,000 Naira per month and on completion of the project you will receive a lump sum bonus of 600,000 Naira.
The project duration is 6 months, with the potential for a permanent contract.
Please note, this job description is not contractual and may be amended or revised from time to time, in accordance with the needs of the business. The job description will be reviewed periodically.
To be considered please apply with your CV and a cover letter of no more than 500 words detailing your suitability and experience