This job listing has expired! Click here to view the latest FMCG jobs in Nigeria
The successful candidate shall be responsible running the business and managing sales operations in assigned territory.
• Distribution set up – The incumbent will be closely working in identifying and appointing the prospective distributors for his / her territory. He / She will also be responsible for designing the Beat plans for the distributors in his territory in consultation with his Regional Sales Manager to ensure optimum coverage of the market
• Distributor’s Infrastructure – As part of appointing distributors, the incumbent will be responsible for getting the relevant infrastructure on board, being the following – Distribution units, Warehouse, Beat plan, Salesmen, Distributor’s finance
• Distributor Management – For a long term efficient performance, track distributors’ efficiencies and follow up on necessary related actions. Alongside, ensure that all distributor related issues are timely monitored and addressed to
• Management Information System (MIS) – To ensure correct tracking of business, the Territory Sales Manager will be required to maintain all the MIS for his / her territory and report the same to the head office & the Regional Sales Manager on regular basis as agreed
• Sales Targets – The incumbent will be responsible for achieving the sales target as set by the Sales Head for his / her territory and will lead the process of further breaking down the territory sales target to channels & beats. The incumbent will continuously review sales performance of all channels & beats in his territory to ensure achievement of sales targets. Both primary and Secondary sales targets will be the responsibility of the TSM
• Sales force – Will be responsible for hiring and maintaining the territory’s indirect sales force i.e. distributor sales reps.
• Team Management – Review Sales performances of the distributor sales team and implement relevant training programs for improved performances
• Adherence to Journey Plans – Must ensure that the distributor sales reps religiously follow the beat plan to ensure all scheduled outlet are properly covered and with the right frequency
• Market Intelligence – Alert to competition activities in his territory in terms of but not limited to trade & consumer promotions, trade launches, consumer & trade activations, NPD launches etc. and report same on time to his/her Regional Sales Manager and Head of Sales accordingly