The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program; Malaria and DR TB programs in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels.
- The State Program Assistant, Strategic Information will be involved in the implementation of Strategic Information activities in the state.
- S/He will support the implementation of Strategic Information (SI) activities in the organization to ensure program targets are met.
- S/He will implement and ensure data quality and best practices in data collection, data management, and data reporting at different levels and ensure the use of standard tools and indicators required in the program.
- Promoting health system strengthening activities at all levels and collaborating with Government of Nigeria agencies to conduct monitoring and evaluation activities will also be done by the State Program Assistant, Strategic Information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collate site level indicator reports and ensure completeness, correctness and consistency of data reported
- Ensure compliance of sites / regions to reporting timelines and reporting lines
- Ensure all reports received from sites and CBOs/NGOs within the state are put on the network shared drive or archived at the state office
- Ensure the availability and utilization of standardized monitoring and evaluation indicators and tools for consistency in measurement
- Monitor data processes from collection, collation, analysis, reporting and use.
- Monitor stock level of DCTs, make requisition for tools and distribute as required
- Participate in site monitoring, supervision and mentoring
- Attend meetings requiring SI representation as required
- Participate in health system strengthening activities
- Participate in Data Quality Assessments, Joint Data Quality Assessments and Data Validation exercises at the state level
- Assist in generating regular gap analysis to show regional/state/site progress towards achieving set targets
- Participate in periodic data quality assessments at IHVN supported sites and generate reports
- Carry out routine data extraction as required
- Regular update of indicator reports tracker
- Maintain site information data and site list for the state
- Participate in the maintenance and support of Electronic Medical Records system implemented at site
- Responsible for reviewing the monthly data export from the EMR for data quality issues and completeness
- Responsible for ensuring monthly data export from EMR at site level for onward submission to the next level
- Support improved availability and use of monitoring, evaluation and surveillance data for program planning, evaluation, and policy advocacy
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional/State SI Officer.
- A University degree in any of the following or related fields: Medicine, Pharmacy, Natural sciences, Statistics and Epidemiology.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in relevant field
- Experience in data collection, processing and use
- Experience with HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria programs or related health service programs; experience working with HIV/AIDS prevention and/or impact mitigation programs in the West African context is desirable
- Experience with the PEPFAR/ Global Funds SI system highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines
- Data management and analysis skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have a clear understanding of the health system structure and HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria environment of the country
- Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476665 to apply for this job .