The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program; Malaria and DR TB programs in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels.
- The Program Officer, Strategic Information (SI) will provide technical support and coordination for the implementation of Strategic Information activities in the organization to ensure program targets are met.
- S/He will also implement and ensure data quality and best practices in data collection, data management, and data reporting at different levels and ensure the use of standard tools and indicators required in the program.
- Promoting health system strengthening activities at all levels and collaborating with the Government of Nigeria agencies to conduct monitoring and evaluation activities and liaising closely with other technical staff in implementing IHVN programs are also his/her responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance to state/ regional and site staff on monitoring and evaluation processes and reporting requirements
- Monitor data processes from collection, collation, analysis, reporting to use and ensure the utilization of standardized monitoring and evaluation indicators and tools for consistency in measurement
- Coordinate monthly indicator report generation while ensuring reports are verified by quality assurance procedures and ensure quality, timely progress reports generated for IHVN Headquarter, donors and other stakeholders
- Support the development/maintenance of tools/databases to assist with data collection, analysis and reporting
- Generate regular narrative reports on routine SI activities and SI system strengthening (reports may be quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports; for both internal and external stakeholders).
- Responsible for providing state/ site gap analysis, SI system strengthening progress reports to the central SI team and the state team during program review meetings
- Oversee target distribution to supported sites within the state and ensure compliance of sites / regions to implementation strategies, reporting timelines and reporting lines
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of Electronic Medical Records and/or other information systems and data collection and management tools at supported sites
- Oversee the submission of data exports from Electronic Medical Records at sites to the next level and ensuring the maintainance of a facility based high quality database
- Coordinate the management and distribution of Data Collection Tools (DCTs) and the monthly tools utilization report and stock request
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of work plans and budgets to support SI-related activities
- Facilitate state Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) meetings and participation in the state M&E monthly and Technical Working Group meetings and other meetings at the state level which require SI participation
- Active participation in periodic Data Quality Assessments (DQA), Joint National Data Quality Assessment and data validation exercise at the facility and state level
- Active participation in State Quality Improvement Teams (QIT) and active representation during the Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS) visits
- Maintain databases of all site and state reports (data and narrative)
- Participate in health system strengthening activities which include but not limited to capacity building at the facility and state levels, advocacy to state officers and facility management
- Participate in sites assessment and activation activities and provide technical support as required
- Support improved availability and use of monitoring, evaluation and surveillance data for program planning, evaluation, and policy advocacy; Routine generation of site level gap analysis for program improvement
- Conduct SI-related activities for all IHVN programs including research, evaluation, and review of routinely collected data to monitor and evaluate programs and improve performance
- Support short and long-term objectives toward strengthening information systems at the state level and development of proposals to accomplish these goals
- Coordinate data collection, management, and analysis from research initiatives and public health evaluations, as needed, in conjunction with research teams
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head, Strategic Information.
- A University degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Statistics and Epidemiology. An MPH or additional master’s degree will be an added advantage. Minimum of 3 years working experience in relevant field.
- Experience with HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria programs or related health service programs; and/or impact mitigation programs in the West African context.
- Experience with the PEPFAR/ Global Funds SI system is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines
- Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form effectively to technical and non-technical colleagues
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications and a statistical package such as SPSS, SAS, STATA
- Knowledge of and experience in health information management systems and database maintenance
- Knowledge of and practical experience in health-related research and ethical requirements
- Excellent (fluent) English written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have a clear understanding of the health system structure in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria environment within the country
- Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits with a team approach to program implementation and able to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Ability to interact with and engage stakeholders at different levels
- Flexible, willing to travel and work weekends.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476664 to apply for this job .