- Business Development Officer must have experience preparing baked goods such as pastries, breads, cakes and cookies.
- Furthermore, Business Development Officer must have experience baking in large quantities.
- Depending on the bakery, BDO may be required to add new items to the list of the bakery's offerings.
- BDO must be detail-oriented and have an eye for aesthetics, as baked goods must look appealing.
- Business Development Officer are responsible for merchandising baked goods and quality control, which also requires an eye for aesthetics.
- Business Development Officer typically oversee baking staff to ensure the bakery's standards are enforced.
- That means making sure bakery staff comply with customer service and safety policies.
- Typically, Business Development Officer are in charge of increasing client’s database.
- Overseeing inventory is part of a BDO responsibility.
- Overseeing inventory involves ordering and rotating ingredients such as flour, sugar, and butter; it also involves receiving and unloading deliveries.
- Tracking inventory requires calculating the proper amount of ingredients necessary for production of baked goods on a given day or week.
- As such, math skills are required.
- Furthermore, a BDO must keep an eye on demand for each kind of pastry to know how much to supply.
- They must work within the confines of the bakery's budget in order to maximize sales.
- Budgeting involves knowing how to price baked goods and tracking sales, labor and inventory costs.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476636 to apply for this job .