For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization Solidarités International has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter
- The position of Cash and Nutrition Team Leader is based in Maiduguri and supports the cash-based and nutrition project implemented in Muna Garage neighbourhood, Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Under the supervision of the CASH and Nutrition Program Manager, the CASH and Nutrition Team Leader will be in charge of setting up all activities related to CASH and Nutrition including needs assessments, activities’ implementation and monitoring and project evaluation. More precisely, the CASH and Nutrition Team Leader will be responsible of beneficiaries’ identification, cash transfers activities, malnutrition screening and referrals aiming at improving food security and nutrition issues.
- He/She should also coordinate the community mobilizers’ team in order to ensure the quality of the implemented activities and provide technical support for all beneficiary identification, cash transfers and nutrition related issues. He/she will ensure that SI’s technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
- Setting up the activities /control and supervision
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her Project Manager:
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers)
- plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
- anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means...)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her Project Manager
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her Project Manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Project Manager
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Project manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her Team Leader and/or project manager
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her project manager
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her project manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- Training: BSc in project management, management, food security, or any related field.
- Languages: English, Haussa
- Project related skills : good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook
- Professional experience: 2 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476482 to apply for this job .