The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide.
- We are seeking to fill Programme Policy Officer (Head of Operations) post at the NOB level, based in WFP Nigeria, Damaturu Field Office. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Damaturu Field Office, the Programme Policy Officer (Head of Operations) will provide support in managing policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyse a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through providing inputs into training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Required
Advanced University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience is required in the following:
- Has deepened technical knowledge through exposure to technical teams.
- Has taken leadership of implementing programmes.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476480 to apply for this job .