The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Under the supervision and guidance of the IT/TC Operations Officer/Coordinator (SCOPE), the TC Operations Officer (SCOPE) will support the delivery of efficient and effective TC services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
The focus of activities will be to support beneficiary and transfer management platform - SCOPE.
- Support the budgeting, planning and deployment of TC systems that are aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
- Provide support to maintain Telecommunications systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and supporting users to get maximum benefits from them.
- Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; support any technology upgrades as required.
- Provide data and documentation to support the procurement of TC equipment and services at and in line with WFP rules and regulations.
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on TC investments and costs, providing information to inform decision-making by stakeholders.
- Develop technical skills and knowledge, and build awareness of industry developments.
- Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues, providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
- Guide junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Support the capability building of staff through the organisation and/or review of training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and TC.
- Coordinate with other UN agencies in order to network, align activities and support possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and TC.
- Interact effectively with colleagues and user groups to understand their needs and provide appropriate technical support.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP is able to maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
- Follow operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency.
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Required
Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience is required in the following:
- Has assisted in the design and implementation of IT/TC service management systems for handling customer requests.
- Has performed user support activities resulting in timely, high-quality delivery of services to user community, including the emergency operations user community.
- Has assisted with the specification, development, research and evaluation of client standards.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
Fluency (level C) in English language and Hausa local language. Knowledge of Kanuri language is desirable.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476478 to apply for this job .