For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization Solidarités International has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter
- The position of Sanitation Team Leader is based in Maiduguri and supports the sanitation project implemented in Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Under the direct supervision of the WatSan PM Assistant and indirectly the WASH Program Manager, the Sanitation Team Leader will be in charge of setting up all activities related to Sanitation including needs assessments, activities’ implementation and monitoring and project evaluation.
- More precisely, the Sanitation Team Leader will be responsible for latrine construction including purchase of the appropriate material to the coordination of the sanitation community mobilizers and sanitation foremen in order to ensure the quality of the implemented activities and provide technical support for all sanitation related issues. He/she will ensure that SI’s technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
- Setting up the activities /control and supervision
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her Project Manager:
- Logistics and Administration
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Project manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site
- Training: BSc in project management, management, water, hygiene and sanitation, civil engineering or any related field.
- Languages: English, Haussa
- Project related skills : good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook
- Knowledge of technical design software is a plus
- Professional experience: 2 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476477 to apply for this job .