The Finance Manager will also serve in the capacity of an Accounts Manager. As such, the finance manager will manage funds in a manner that will maximize return on investment while minimizing risk and while also ensuring that an adequate control structure is in place over the transfer and investment of funds. Further, the finance manager engages in financial analysis in areas as forecasting, budgeting, cost reduction, and reviewing operational performance.
Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
Manage outsourced functions.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions.
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure
- Arrange for equity and debt financing
- Invest funds
- Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
Manage the preparation of the company's budget
Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals
- Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
Other Job functions
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from other managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervises the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Create a tax plan for the Company and handle all tax activities for the company (LIRS & FIRS).
Desired Qualifications: The finance manager candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with The Institure of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria or Chartered Financial Analysts.
Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management. Should have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed by the company.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476434 to apply for this job .