Technical sales engineers use their technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
They perform business development and sales functions to gain clients and prepare bids and tenders for new clients from a technical perspective.
Clients are usually technical staff from non-retail organisations, such as factories, public utility providers, local authorities and hospitals and private sector companies/organisations.
The emphasis of the work varies depending on the level of technical knowledge needed to sell a particular product or service.
The Technical sales engineer will be a key point of contact for clients and provide both pre and after-sales advice. Will liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as:
senior company managers.
- The tasks to be carried out by technical sales engineer will include:
- searching for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximising client potential in designated regions;
- developing long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements;
- persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery;
- negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs;
- calculating client quotations and administering client accounts;
- providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education;
- working on after-sales support services and providing technical back up as required;
- arranging and carrying out product training;
- analysing costs and sales;
- preparing reports for head office and keeping customer records;
- meeting regular sales targets and coordinating sales projects;
- supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events;
- making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs;
- liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts;
- helping in the design of custom-made products;
- providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team.
You will need to have:
- a solid technical background;
- sales skills;
- communication skills;
- sound judgement and good business sense;
- organisational skills;
- teamworking capability;
- the ability to build relationships quickly and effectively;
- analytical and problem-solving skills;
- resilience and tenacity;
- independence and self-reliance.
Experience from the M&E sector is vital. Must have worked for an M&E company and possess strong field experience. Experience in Fire notification/suppression systems is very important too.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/476218 to apply for this job .