Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S Marriott
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience.
- You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide.
- If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people.
- Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Entry level management position that leads the banquet staff while personally assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards.
- Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes.
- Responsible for managing financial and administrative duties.
- Core Work Activities
- Supporting Management of Department Operations and Inventories:
- Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
- Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet captains and employees.
- Maintains attendance log for banquet employees.
- Maintains and enforces established sanitation levels.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, LSOPs, etc.)
- Ensures employee awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
- Orders supplies for the department (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props, and other service equipment needs).
- Uses banquet beverage “Use” records to guide banquet beverage supervisor in controlling liquor costs, managing the banquet beverage perpetual inventory and requisitioning liquor.
- Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams:
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
- Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
- Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine, and overall event presentation.
- Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
- Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Interviews and hires Banquet captains and employees with appropriate skills.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475938 to apply for this job .