Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- Reporting to the Base Human Resources Officer, the HR Assistant will support the HR Department to ensure that;
- National staff are recruited, developed and managed in a strategic, proactive manner to ensure the mission’s human resource requirements for programs and support positions
- National staff benefits, data and information administration are carried out effectively, in close coordination with supervisors/managers and administrators at all bases, to ensure smooth delivery of internal services to employees
- The management team is supported with all administrative tasks related to both national and international staff
- Provide support to the Base HR Officer in various aspects of the recruitment process
- Maintain timely and accurate information for all employee
- Provide administrative support to ensure the timely processing of all international staff’s visas and permits
- Support the HR team in various aspects of the training and development of staff
- Provide overall support to the HR Department
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management preferred; post-secondary diploma plus relevant experience also acceptable
- Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions, 1+ years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health related INGOs
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset (Hausa / Kanuri)
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms/practices.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475842 to apply for this job .