Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- The Public Health officer will be working under the leadership and guidance of the WASH Deputy Program Manager and is accountable for the overall implementation of the Public health promotion and Non-Food Items distribution of the WASH project.
- Overall supervision of Public Health Promotion and Non-food items distribution activities following AAH’s local strategy and International Guidelines
- Train and build the capacity of staffs and partners
- Coordinate with internal staffs, and local stakeholders to ensure smooth project implementation
- Supervise and manage staffs under your responsibility
- Degree in Public health, sociology, rural development, and other related fields.
- Master’s Degree is an added qualification.
- Previous experience in supervising hygiene promotion activities
- Professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Three years relevant work experience
- Microsoft Office software Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa and English
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
- Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of work in the humanitarian sector
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with AAH
- Previous donor programming experience (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475803 to apply for this job .