Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
To strengthen the capacity of the Local Government Area (LGA) nutrition focal person or team (as designated by the LGA) in planning, management, delivery, follow-up and advocacy of cost-effective malnutrition prevention and treatment interventions (interventions include – Infant & Young Child Feeding, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition , Maternal & Child Health Weeks).
- Support the assigned LGA in nutrition related program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation (IYCF, CMAM, MNCHWs and/or other as needed).
- Regularly assess and build capacity of the LGA level personnel in designated health facilities.
- Coordination with and support to LGA health office.
- Strengthen technical and advocacy capacity at LGA level.
- Management of community mobilization assistants and/or LGA level consultants.
- Responsible for LGA level results and overall regular reporting, data analysis, communication and management aspects of the project (finance, logistics).
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nutrition or Bachelor of Nutrition ; graduate degree in a similar field a plus
- First or Advanced Degree in Health / Public Health / Nutrition / Higher diploma or equivalent
- Experience of emergency nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (ideally IYCF, CTC/CMAM), including IYCF monitoring and evaluation
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
- Proven experience and ability in report writing
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their caregivers
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF’s aims, values and principles
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility, adaptability, and patience
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Experience in the setup of an IYCF program within CMAM program in an emergency context
- Experience with working with partners, including the government
- Previous experience working with mothers support group and strong Negotiation skill for behaviour change
- Fluency in local languages (Kanuri, Fulani)
- Training in adult education/learning and effective training approaches
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475786 to apply for this job .