Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Nutrition Assistant will primarily be responsible for delivery and follow-up of training of key stakeholder on nutrition in link with the response in the respective states. Presently and ongoing, the Program is working to provide over 2000 IDP and vulnerable host households with support to implement micro gardening in their settlements and camps, and 4750 IDP and vulnerable host households with food assistance, and nutrition behavior change communication training in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria. This position will be responsible for implementing the nutrition behavior change activities
- Undertake nutrition interventions at LGA level under the direction of the Nutrition Officer.
- Collect information and data on nutrition at LGA level through screenings, surveys, and assessments.
- Mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the Organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level).
- Diploma in a nutrition or community based programming or related field.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- 1-year relevant work experience.
- Experience in the Nutrition and social approach – IYCF a plus.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
- Good team spirit.
- Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with nutrition and health programming
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475782 to apply for this job .