Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D C, in 1927 by J Willard and Alice S Marriott.
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
The Assistant Controller manages the day-to-day operation of the Accounting Office. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control.
- Assisting in Management of Accounting Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations, and recognize performance.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Provides excellent leadership (e.g., differentiates top performers, fosters teamwork and encourages work/life balance).
- Ensures employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships within their team.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Utilizes an "open door" policy.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Managing Projects and Policies
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Ensures that the P&L is accurate (i.e., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts) and statements are delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Reconciles balance sheet.
- Ensures tax rates used for sales/use tax are current and proper amounts are collected and/or accrued.
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
- Ensures account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
- Reviews audit issues and makes corrections as necessary.
- Ensures property permits, licenses and if applicable vendor contracts are current.
- Leverages centralized accounting processes and shared services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Leverages technology and effectively uses information systems and tools to generate financial reports and provide managers with analytical support to drive decision-making.
- Proving Financial Information and Guidance to Others
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant financial information in a timely manner.
- Attends critique meetings to review information with management team.
- Advises the Director of Finance on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Supports a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475760 to apply for this job .