Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Provide medical care to patients he/she consults within the departments (maternity, ICU/NICU, VVF), according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients’ health conditions.
- Is involved in surgical procedures in accordance with MSF protocols, initially assisting then becoming increasingly independent as experience is gained.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention.
- Participate to the roster to carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols:
- Guides the midwife in triage
- Manage complicated and emergency pregnancies and deliveries in pre-delivery and delivery room, participate to birth resuscitation when needed
- Ensure that every patient is examined in ICU and IPD and that hospitalization’s form are up to date.
- Consult follow-up patients
- Replace VVF and Neonatal doctors when needed.
- During night duty, is responsible of all the admissions and deteriorating patients, in all the units (maternity, ICU, IPD, neonatal unit, VVF unit), prepare the morning round in pre delivery and ICU
- Participate to the procedures in OT under the responsibility of the OBGyn
- Call the OBGyn and/or anesthetist Dr on call when needed
- Ensure that the MTL is involved in the validation process for referral to other facilities and prepare the referral letter and documentation accordingly
- Participate to staff health clinic and knows the procedure in case of accidental exposure to blood
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material
- Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards
- Works in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team and supports ongoing training, in coordination with the medical activity manager and medical team leader.
- Participate to the monthly maternal and neonatal morbimortality review and others medical m
- Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Exercises vigilance and informs the MTL in the event of medical error.
- Performs any other duties as required by the medical activity manager or medical team leader.
- Nigerian Medical Diploma with minimum of 2 years of active clinical experience since graduation;
- Strong work ethic, commitment to humanitarian objectives and patient care;
- Motivation, flexibility and capacity to work as a team ;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa (preferably)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475720 to apply for this job .