Name: The VNTS Company Limited
Business: Manufacture IT Products & provide IT Solutions
Location: Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria.
For this role, we’re looking at a most recent NYSC Graduate 1-2 Years’ Experience.
Find below the Job Description for the position:
As an IT administrator, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the company's IT network, servers, security systems and IT operations. This role is absolutely essential within any organisation to ensure business continuity – if an IT network fails, the impact on the day to day running of the business can be significant, sometimes catastrophic.
To ensure this doesn’t happen, you'll be responsible for investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving the company's IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions. On a day to day basis, you might be called upon to help colleagues with more basic IT needs. This will mean you’ll need to share your own knowledge to help others, including setting up new users and managing backup, security and passwords. You're also the company's internet police, monitoring internet and email use and reporting as required to the CEO.
You will also be required to monitor and manage the Web Platforms the Company Develops, keeping it up to date & build extra pages, forms, etc. for colleagues from other department. You will also support the CEO to champion the other IT solutions the company’s currently looking to explore.
Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain Virtual Server environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Microsoft.
- 1-2 Year experience in web development, with languages such as PHP, Java, Jscript, Python, SQL, MySQL. HTML5 Desirable
- 1-2 Year system administration experience.
Position deals with a variety of problems and some time has to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically clear and requires determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best.
Decisions normally have a noticeable effect department-wide and company-wide, and judgment errors can typically require one to two weeks to correct or reverse.
RESPONSIBILITY/OVERSIGHT –FINANCIAL & SUPERVISORY:
- Functions as a lead worker doing the work similar to those in the work unit; responsibility for training, instruction, setting the work pace, and possibly evaluating performance.
- No budget responsibility.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with short notice in advance.
- No regular travel required.
- Residing in the Lekki Ajah/Axis Preferably or on the Island for convenience.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475461 to apply for this job .