- Confer with the Lead Consultant and other project partners, Government counterparts to develop weekly and monthly based on the project work plan.
- Monitor and evaluate progress against activity work plans to ensure that the project/project components attain their objectives effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Coordinate closely with all key stakeholders including the PSC, IDC, GBM, MAE, institutions where tree planting will be taking place in order to maintain synergy and cooperation between the different stakeholders.
- Information and data capture and upload in electronic form for use in compiling reports and generating effective reports.
- Advise IDC and the PSC on any areas of weakness in the implementation activities with proposed interventions and or solutions.
Profile: Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in either forestry, conservation, natural resources management, or in other relevant fields
- Qualification in Project Management is a must.
- Qualification in ICT is preferred.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 5 years of practical experience in managing forestry - related projects in either Government or INGOs, the United Nations or bilateral development agencies or private companies.
- Experience (preferably in a similar environment) of working with Government officials, local communities and donor representatives;
- Experience in conducting studies and coordinating research activities.
- Experience on electronic data capture and uploading onto different formats in order to generate periodical reports.
Essential competencies for this position:
- IDC Focus: Acts as a key member of the IDC team, placing higher priority on IDC’s goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic project outcomes
- External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring IDC stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends
- Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes
- Building Working Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas
- Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475397 to apply for this job .