The Senior Technical Advisor will provide overall technical assistance on e-TB Manager implementation in Nigeria in collaboration with MSH Principal Technical Advisor ,TB for Africa, MSH HQ,CTB Country lead in Nigeria, National TB and leprosy Control program(NTBLCP) of Nigeria and other stakeholders in accordance with the national TB policy guidelines and international Standards of TB care.
S/he reports hierarchically and functionally and administratively to the Principal Technical Advisor, TB, MSH.
- Provides overall technical expertise for MSH/CTB Project in Nigeria by supporting the implementation and scale up of an electronic TB data management information system
- Ensures that project activities are carried out within budget and agreed timeframes
- Implement all MSH/ CTB activities in consistent with CTB Nigeria plan, NTBLCP strategic plan and MSH quality standard in collaboration with Nigeria CTB Country lead
- Represent MSH in technical meetings and forum including partner and stakeholders meetings
- Foster clear communication about project activities, plans, and organizational policies within MSH and between strategic projects and partners.
- Participate in USAID TB project consortium progress and implementation process
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate Degree in Health related field; MD,MBBS preferred, possession of an MPH degree will be an added advantage
- Previous record of e-TB manager program implementation in Nigeria is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public health; at least 2 years’ experience in TB control
- Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of and experience in training and capacity building
- Demonstrated operating in a management culture built on consensus and results
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a team-based structure
- Ability to travel up to 60% percent of the time within Nigeria
- Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. KNCV leads this international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
- The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
- The CTB office in Abuja is responsible for the overall implementation of the USAID funded Challenge TB project (CTB) . As collaborating partner, MSH supports the implementation of e-TB Manager in Nigeria together with KNCV (Lead) and operates in close communication with the National TB program (NTP), the USAID Mission and other stakeholders.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475245 to apply for this job .