Teacher for teaching Phonics (United Kingdom English and Elocution) for classes ranging from Year 1 to Year 6/7.
You are expected to teach Phonics and Elocution for Year one to Year six (United Kingdom English) for a reputed International School located in Abuja.
Following attributes are essential
- Presenting high quality, systematic, synthetic phonic work as the prime approach to decoding print, i.e. A Phonics first and fast approach.
- Enable children to learn phonic knowledge and skills using a systematic, synthetic programme (use of Language laboratory) by the age of 5 with an expectation that they will be fluent readers having secured word recognition skills by year one.
- Take daily sessions on phonics progressing from simple to more complex phonic knowledge and skills and covering the major Grapheme/phoneme correspondences.
- Assess children’s progress in Phonics and Elocution.
- Uses multi-sensory approach so that the children learn variously from simultaneous visual, auditory and kinaesthetic activities which are designed to secure essential phonic knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrate that phonemes should be blended and words can be segmented into their constituent phenomes for spelling and reverse blending of phonemes to read words.
- Ensure that children apply phonic knowledge as their first approach to reading and spelling. Children are taught high frequency words that do not confirm to Grapheme/phoneme corresponding rules. Children learns irregular words.
- Has the ability to plan progression of phonics teaching to from year one to Year six and know how to conduct examination, utilize elocution based software programme.
- Personal Trait: Passion in teaching phonics and elocution so that pupils speak correctly and confidently while reading, delivering speeches and contesting in debate competitions.
- Educational Qualification: A teaching certificate in phonics from a reputed institute. Minimum experience: 5 years, skill in using Language Laboratory.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475213 to apply for this job .