An Online Media Company located in Lagos requires the services of an experienced candidate to help set up and direct a new online news project.
- Develop and implement media and digital content strategies
- Develop new content, editorial guidelines, features, and brand extensions
- Evaluate content for all articles to ensure accuracy and recommend modifications and edit all articles to ensure achievement of all quality standards
- Recruit and retain contributors
- Researching, writing and presenting text in ways that appeal to the site's target audience
- Uploading material on to the website, often using a content management system (CMS) making sure site content is kept up to date
- Attending content planning and commissioning meetings with other departments or clients
- Create and monitor social media output and feedback
- Stay abreast of trends, best practices in web technology and publishing, for example copyright issues
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or English
- 2 – 4 years’ experience; must have worked in a media firm for at least 2 years
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with an understanding of the special requirements of writing for the Web, such as the use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity
- Proven track record of creating a quality online editorial product and managing staff
- Must have a good eye for detail, with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Good organizational skills to collate material from multiple sources and produce web content within tight deadlines.
- Functional Knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Audition), Photography
- Must be upbeat, energetic and sociable
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475007 to apply for this job .