Michael Stevens Consulting - We are a long established and well respected multi-disciplinary management and financial consulting firm with offices in several locations across Nigeria. In furtherance of the objective of strengthening our management structure to take advantage of emerging opportunities, it has become imperative identify self managed, and very experienced individuals to meet the responsibilities inherent in this position
- Assists company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Ensure engineering budgets are met and achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.)
- Ensure quality products, sequenced delivery and optimization of manufacturing facilities.
- BSc in Engineering or a related technical course
- Minimum 10 -12 years production supervision experience within manufacturing operations OR 15 Years' experience within the area of core business competency.
- Proven work experience as an operations manager in the manufacturing or FMCG industry
- Requires overall knowledge and understanding of manufacturing, assembly, tooling, processing and financial systems.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Performance Management.
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Problem solving/analysis
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/475003 to apply for this job .