Federal College of Education, Zaria - This is to inform the general public that the position of the College is vacant.
Duties of the Provost
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College, and is charged with the responsibility of seeing the day-to-day management and operations of the College.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide a strong Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council and Regulatory Agencies for the achievement of the objectives for Which the Institution was established.
- He/She is expected to demonstrate Initiative and creativity in policy formation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief academic, administrative and accounting officer of the College,
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College.
- A Member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances and Infrastructure, and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly.
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with financial regulations, treasury, circulars and Governing Council’s decisions/ directives under sound financial discipline and management.
- Responsible for ensuring meetings of Council and its committees are serviced, etc.
- A person to foster goo4 rapport with the relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NIlE) and other professional bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.
- Candidates should possess a Doctorate degree from a recognized university in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College. He/she should be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Education. The possession of a professional teaching qualification, a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma Education (PGDE), is MANDATORY. Registration as a Professional Teacher with Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must not be above the age of sixty (60) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching/research experience in an institution of higher learning; and in addition must have hold a senior teaching/ research and top administrative post in an institution of higher learning as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources.
- Candidates must show evidence of good track record in result-oriented researches reaching high National and International status in their research achievements, as evident in scholarly publications.
- Candidate must boa Chief Lecturer or equivalent from a College of Education or equivalent Tertiary Institution, OR at least a Reader/Associate Professor in a University or equivalent Institution, with at least five years’ experience on that rank of Chief Lecturer or Reader as at the time of application.
- Candidate must be of good conduct and character, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive and resourcefulness; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and students of the College. He/She must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic political, religious and other sectional interests.
- Candidate must be proficient in ICT skills and packages; and must have evidence of Community Service,
- Candidate must be a man/woman of vision, a goal setter and getter, and one that can produce and execute a strategic plan for the College.
Terms of Appointment
The appointment is for a tenure of four (4) years In the first Instance, but the candidate may be eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
The salary/remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria, and as may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should be submitted in fifteen (15) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full Names, Surname underlined
- Marital Status, and Number of Children, indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin
- Current postal Address and Permanent Home Address
- Educational institutions attended with bates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and Distinctions with Dates
- Membership Professional Associations/Bodies
- Work Experience in chronological sequence
- Present Employer - Status and Salary
- Extracurricular activities
- Publications En Standard APA format
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the Present Employer
Applications with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education,
P.M.B 1041, Zaria,
Candidates are required to request their referees to send Confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/474972 to apply for this job .