Savannah Sugar Company Limited, a subsidiary of Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc, is an integrated Sugar producing company located in Numan, Adamawa State. In view of the company’s expansion in the Sugar backward integration projects.
- Responsible for the overall day to day financial operation of the finance functions in line with sugar cane farming and factory processes and delivery of all job requirements to required timelines.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong and strategic entrepreneurial skills, innovative with strong problem solving, with adequate knowledge of the Nigerian Sugar Master Plan. Experience in Sugar production is mandatory.
Job Roles (Duties & Responsibilities)
- Responsible for fixed cost monitoring, evaluation and control. Monitoring actual overheads versus plan and review with departmental heads/budget holders. Reporting monthly on actual versus plan variances.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual Statutory Accounts and reconciliation of these accounts to final consolidated financial statements
- Act as a liaison between the company and the external audit team at interim and final audits. Ensure that client deliverables are communicated internally and coordinate the collections of this information for presentation to the external audit team
- Ensure highest level of security and internal control in all implemented business solutions.
- Ensure people resources are efficiently utilized and developed to drive process improvements within the finance department, to maximize reporting quality, integrity and turnaround times, including business & systems simplification and automation of processes.
- To continually develop and maintain the accounting systems and of the local business in order to ensure availability completeness, accuracy and validity of information upon which management will base their decisions
- To provide a commercial and financial reporting service, ensuring that reliable category, overhead and balance sheet information are produced, evaluated and communicated to facilitate planning and control and enable decision making.
- Ensure compliance with all current direct and indirect tax legislation through systems evaluation, review, implementation, monitoring and liaison with external advisors.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements pertaining to financial statement reporting, and the company’s global accounting and other standards.
Competencies Required (qualification & Experience)
- The candidate would have a Post qualification experience of at least 10-15 years.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ICAN) or (ACCA)
- Good hands on experience in Biological assets and stock account and reporting is necessary.
- Strong track record of ‘financial management and delivery is critical
- Flexibility in thinking and pragmatic problem solving skills
- Energetic with excellent interpersonal & leadership skills, able to influence people of all levels
- Ability to review and identify issues and opportunities in business processes
- Credible commercial and business awareness with the ability to deliver within short reporting deadline
- Exposure/working knowledge of ERP systems and advance excel (SAP preferred, and Microsoft office Advanced level).
- Strong project management skills and understanding of business processes and operations, particularly in the FMCG industry.
The remuneration for all positions are very competitive, and in line with the Nigerian food and beverage industry standards. The right candidates will have the opportunity to work in one of the leading conglomerates in Nigeria and sub Saharan Africa.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/474732 to apply for this job .