Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Borno.
- Schedules and organizes all nutrition related activities, its organization design and sizing as well as its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the nutritional healthcare at the standard quality levels.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nutrition staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people capabilities and skills.
- Supervise the implementation of the nutritional program according to MSF protocols, standards. This includes:
- Draw up outpatients activity planning,
- Follow up the evolution of patients and discuss the problem cases taking part in the medical assistant’s round, and install referral system
- Check that medical and nutrition prescriptions are carried out.
- Check the diffusion, knowledge and application of medical, nutritional and anthropometric protocols.
- Supervise nursing care and hygiene circumstances.
- Checking the food’s quality.
- Ensure that mothers are well informed about the functioning of the centre, the state and evolution of their child: their tasks (help with cleaning, feeding their child, etc)
- Supervises, in cooperation with the pharmacist and project medical referent, the management of the pharmacy, ensuring reception and storage of orders, preparing new orders when required, supervising expiration terms and consumption patterns, in order to ensure, a rationale use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and above minimum safety point.
- Ensure correct nutritional data collection (registers, nutritional forms, morbidity forms), compile weekly and monthly statistics for the outpatients unit, report this information to the line manager and provide feedback on the results to the team. In these sense, this function includes all kind of nutritional information that nutritional supervisor has in his /her hands.
- Education: Nurse qualification. Desirable with a nutritionist diploma
- Experience: Minimum 2 year experience as nut nurse.
- Languages: English language essential and local language
- Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/474454 to apply for this job .