Here at Vodafone, we do amazing things to empower everybody to be confidently connected, and that could be providing superfast network speeds to smartphones, providing ‘total communications’ through fixed line solutions, making farmers lives easier with mobile money payments or streaming music into a car through the internet of things. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people that makes us a great place to work.
Responsible for monitoring, ascertainment and management of regulatory matters and Government relations. Preparation/vetting, negotiation and execution of Customer and Supplier contracts and other agreements, provision of routine and ad hoc legal/ regulatory advices and generally anticipating, proactively evolving ways and means of protecting the Company from legal and regulatory challenges and reducing/mitigating or eliminate regulatory and contractual risks and monitoring legal, institutional and regulatory developments that impact on the Company. Direct the development/implementation of Legal and policies compliance as well as monitor the effectiveness of identified control measures throughout the organization.
- Preparation/vetting, negotiation and execution of legal documents [Supplier Contracts, Customer Contracts and Leases]
- Contract management.
- Develops compliance organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Monitoring effectiveness of identified internal control measures.
- Coordinating and overseeing all enterprise risk management activities.
- Ensuring compliance with internal policies, relevant contract /agreements in accordance with an internal compliance plan.
- Preparation and filing of all Corporate Legal / Compliance documents and managing of routine Company Secretarial documentary processes.
- Offering of routine and ad hoc legal advices on legal/regulatory matters
- Superintending in and over litigations, claims and disputes involving and relating to the Company.
- Interfacing with and ensuring a seamless working relationship between the Company and all regulatory authorities.
- Management of renewals and negotiation of License terms and conditions
- Follow up on and Manage compliance with License terms and Conditions
- Obtainment of required Frequencies; Renewal and Negotiation of Frequency allocation terms and conditions and other regulatory permits
- Interfacing with, monitoring and advising on pending, anticipated and new legislation and bills that impact on the Company’s area of coverage
- Obtainment of required Expatriate Quota Positions; Renewal of quotas and entry permits and management of quota returns in keeping with statutory obligations.
- Regular attendance at national, Regional as well as Global Regulatory Confabs and staying abreast with regulatory developments
- Revision and articulation of company policies, procedures and process framework and strategy.
- LLB (Hons) BL and LLM
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Able to provide advise over a wide range of issues and provide requisite support in Management’s decision making process
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Have a good understanding of both Commercial Law and Company Law
- Excellent Legal Drafting Skills
- A good understanding of Telecoms Laws and Regulations as well as a good grasp of the objectives of the Regulatory Agencies
- A good knowledge of the ICT Products and Services and understanding of the dynamics of Spectrum Management and Pricing as well as the Satellite industry.
- Demonstrate ability to interact with regulators especially in Nigeria, The Gambia and have a good network of Contacts within the Telecoms Regulatory Framework in West Africa.
- Well sharpened inter personal skills and ability to interact, work with and interface with all authorities within the legal, regulatory and institutional space of the Company including regulators, line ministries, National Assembly as and when due.
- Build trust and maintain values that ensure mutual respect between the Company and other government agencies.
- Able to guide professionals and synergize with other departments / functional heads
- Honest and reliable
- Ability to relate with people of different backgrounds at all levels [Top to Bottom]
- Over 17 years post Call experience as a Corporate and Regulatory Lawyer in the two highly regulated sectors of the Nigerian economy (Oil and Gas and Telecoms)
- Must have held Management Positions for a minimum of 5 years in the organized private sector ( Preferably a Telecoms environment)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/474190 to apply for this job .