Here at Vodafone, we do amazing things to empower everybody to be confidently connected, and that could be providing superfast network speeds to smartphones, providing ‘total communications’ through fixed line solutions, making farmers lives easier with mobile money payments or streaming music into a car through the internet of things. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people that makes us a great place to work.
Handle commercial-legal and regulatory issues within the company with the purpose of eliminating legal and contractual risk and gaining for the company every lawful advantage.
- Handle drafting, reviewing and negotiation of vendor and supplier contracts.
- To ensure that all Company businesses are conducted within the ambits of the law with adequate compliance with all statutory industry Regulations and provisions
- Coordinate application processes for frequencies and licences at the NCC as well as associated periodic reports.
- Ensure compliance with all immigration rules and regulations.
- To support in reducing contract turn-around time by coordinating contract execution process, quality checks and the dispatch and movement of contracts and Legal documents in and out of the department.
- Provide support on company secretariat tasks, draft resolutions as required from time-to-time and advise on relevant corporate law requirements as well as coordinate company corporate filings and returns.
- To carry out legal research of applicable laws and regulations and provide legal guidance and opinion so as to ensure that all companies actions and dealings are in compliance therewith.
- Coordinate and monitor all company’s litigations and Debt Recovery Processes and advise the EHoD; Legal and Regulatory appropriately.
- Such other tasks as may be assigned by the EHoD Legal and Regulatory
- Candidate should be a qualified lawyer and must possess a minimum of Bachelor of Law Degree (Second Class Lower Division). A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Must have working knowledge of Telecommunications Law, Commercial Law, Property Law, Company Law and Law of Contract.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Good command of English Language and must be proficient in the use of Computer and Microsoft Office packages and a working knowledge of SharePoint and SAGE Pastel is an added advantage.
- The candidate should have a broad-based positive attitude, strong and a desire to work as a member of a high-performance global team. The candidate should be collaborative, open to working with a diverse group, and interested in dynamic, progressive and evolving work and responsibilities.
- The candidate must possess first-rate comprehension, analytical and problem-solving skills, and an orientation towards learning and accepting intellectual challenges.
- Smart and hardworking
- Disciplined and able to maintain confidentiality
- Respect for colleagues
- Calmness under work pressure
- Fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/474188 to apply for this job .