Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard - earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality. Our operational headquarters is located the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria.
Dangote Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Flour Milling, Manufacturing of Pasta (Spaghetti & Macaroni), Operation of Cement Terminals, Port Operations, Noodles Manufacturing, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
- Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting the company's IT network systems. Manages the day-to-day operations of LAN and WAN Administration (Physical/Wireless Network) by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- This would including providing support for infrastructure devices to include (but not limited to) Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewall and circuit paths and would include providing suggestions for performance enhancement and streamlining. The candidate shall provide technical support services necessary for in house computing resources in a LAN/WAN environment that ensure equipment, information security, and availability of Network Operation and Maintenance services as well as the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to other staff members.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Provides troubleshooting, analysis, and repairs for various remote locations throughout Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/474185 to apply for this job .