The US Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for this position
Basic Function of the Position:
- The incumbent performs the complex task of processing the full range of non-immigrant and immigrant visas for Nigerian citizens and third-country nationals.
- S/he refers only unusual, complex or questionable cases to the Team Lead, LES Staff supervisor, or Consular Officer. Incumbent will be one of the four rotating visa unit team members, who share duties over the course of the year.
- Note: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- A bachelor’s Degree in Art, Business Administration, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Foreign Language, History, International Relations, International Affairs, Literature, Liberal Arts, Political Science, Psychology, Social Science or Sociology is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible work experience in the application of regulatory material, while dealing with the public is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Comprehensive knowledge of immigration laws, regulations and procedures is required.
- Ability to draft correspondence with excellent keyboarding and data entry skills, and maintain appropriate confidentiality is required.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process
- When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/474026 to apply for this job .