If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
- ICF International is seeking applications for a Renewable Energy Specialist position for the upcoming U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Nigeria Power Sector Program (NPSP) based in Lagos or Abuja, Nigeria. The Renewable Energy Specialist will work closely with the Chief-of-Party and the Senior Power Sector Expert to provide technical support in grid-connected and off-grid renewable energy, emissions reductions and low-carbon development, and GHG accounting. S/he will also support program design and management, guide the development of renewable energy related activities, and work closely with Nigeria stakeholders to meet program outcomes on time, within scope, and within budget.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Applicants must be able to demonstrate prior experience of working in Nigeria or West Africa.Local candidates from Nigeria and the West Africa region are encouraged to apply.
Hiring for this position is contingent on approval from USAID
- Bachelor’s degree in Renewable Energy, Engineering, Economics, Environmental Science, and/or Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in the renewable energy and/or off-grid power sector
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical understanding of the off-grid energy systems
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity on renewable energy and GHG accounting
- Familiarity with grid integration of renewable energy projects into transmission and distribution systems
- 5+ years of off-grid renewable energy project development
- Knowledge of load forecasting, demand side management, and energy efficiency optimization and energy/environmental markets is an advantage
- Technical knowledge of micro grids and other isolated grid systems
- Demonstrated strong quantitative modeling skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel and Access) skills
- Familiarity with GIS modeling for transmission and distribution systems
- Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of working in Nigeria.
- Experience with USAID programs and international donor programs related to energy
- Relevant work experience, including experience with a contractor or international NGO
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/473992 to apply for this job .