- Executes agency and principal trades in fixed income securities.
- Helps ensure both firm and representative compliance by observing and abiding by securities regulations
- Maintains a broad knowledge base of the securities industry including: regulatory and market events, investment products, operational processes, operational methodologies and technology
- Develops a strong understanding of customer service and provides assistance to investment advisors and retail clients in relation to policies, products, and trading procedures
- Determines optimal order routing venues to ensure best execution
- Follows risk management procedures and has the ability to quickly assess and take action to minimize customer and firm risk
- Review trades to ensure trade execution quality
- Investigates, researches, and corrects issues related to trading and account activity
- Educates clients, and trains registered representatives and their clients by determining their true needs, provide alternative solutions when necessary, and effectively explains the specific details of fixed income product, processes, or services
- Assist internal operations departments by providing back-up support, coordinating processors to expedite transfers, settlements, research, and complex problem resolution
- Establishes and builds partnerships with registered representatives of all distribution groups, clearing firm, and product sponsors
- Resolves concerns by obtaining details, identifying most efficient method of handling, and evaluating risks to all parties before taking action
- First Degree in either in Accounting, Finance, Economics or business related discipline. MSC, will be an added advantage.
- 5 years experience in fixed income trading.
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills, with deep demonstrated understanding of financial modelling and analysis tools
- Must be data driven and take initiative in developing new measurement and metrics
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to delve into the detail as well as take higher-level view
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of an inter-departmental team in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in office suite(Excel, PowerPoint and word)
- Demonstrate good knowledge of accounting and fixed income /securities
- Ready to embrace start-up pace with a good sense of humor
- Passion to help transform the society
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/473875 to apply for this job .