To coordinate the various aspects of NEWS publication and manage the NEWS team.
- Prepare , re-write and edit copy to improve readability and supervise the NEWS team
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling , punctuation , and syntax
- Allocate print space for story text, photos , and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance’ using knowledge layout principles
- Plan the contents of NEWS publications according to the publications’ style, editorial policy and publishing requirements
- Verify facts , Dates , and statistics , using standard reference sources
- Develop NEWS stories or content ideas, considering readers or audience appeal.
- Oversee NEWS publication production, including Graphics, Layout, computer typesetting and printing, to ensure adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Confer with management and editorial staff members, regarding placements and emphasis on developing NEWS stories.
- Assign topics, events and stories to individual writers or reporters for coverage.
- Actively monitor NEWS-gathering operations to ensure utilization of all NEWS sources such as press releases, telephone contacts, Radio, TV and other reporters.
- Meet frequently with the editorial team, marketing team, and production managers to discuss projects and resolve problems.
- Select Local, State, National and International NEWS items received, based on assessment of items’ significance and interest value.
- Read all NEWS materials to determine index items and arrange them alphabetically or topically , indicating page location .
- Perform on-the-job responsibilities as assigned by the Editor
Key Performance Indices
An understanding of all aspects of NEWS, Print material production, Development, Implementation and working with the press and other related media.
- First degree in Marketing , Business Administration , Art or Social Sciences
- Masters Degree with specialization as an added advantage
- 7 years minimum well-rounded print media experience
- 2-3 years of leadership experience with ability to motivate and provide development for the team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Work under own initiative and deal with stressful situations
- Work without supervision or with minimal supervision
- Hands-On collaborative style
Job Type: Permanent
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/473714 to apply for this job .