The Head, Data Strategy and Analytics will be responsible for driving the use of existing and novel data sources to improve risk and operational performance, and for the development of a long term strategy to collect, store and utilize data related to clients, customers and operational performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing company strategy with respect to the collection, storage and analysis of data for pricing, operations, risk selection and marketing management purposes.
- Defining business questions to be answered with appropriate analytics models, as well as identifying and preparing the relevant information/data sources for analysis.
- Lead initiatives relating to the optimization of existing data bank
- Lead initiatives relating to sales optimisation / enquiry rates (online as well as direct and email campaigns).
- Developing and applying analytical methods and algorithms where possible, to drive enhancements and build data products that streamline processes.
- Developing a training program that improves management team's understanding of and use of data to improve decision making across the organization.
- Fostering new data-driven approaches to generate business insight, using data analytics and information visualization, in order to address unanswered business problems in a proactive way.
- Chart strategic direction of the company and assess company's progress and achievements on a monthly basis using detailed analysis in excel.
- Validate, interpret and present data findings to both an expert and non-expert audience forecasting activities for the organisation
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA / BSc in Finance, Engineering, Strategy, Economics, Statistics or Data Science (2:1 and above)
- MBA, Masters or Post Graduate degree in Finance, Strategy , Economics, Statistics or Data Science (International degrees highly desirable)
- 8+ years in progressively responsible experience in strategy and data analytics leadership roles, preferably in an Investment Bank, Corporate Finance, Management Consulting, Strategy Department of any FMCG, large Accounting firm, Software Development Co, Payments co, ICT co, or Telecommunication
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Experience with analytical data tools
- Expertise in analytics that support pricing and product development
- Experience using analytics to optimize channel marketing
- Leader and visionary with the ability to translate and explain complex models and VAS analytics to senior management, segment leaders, and external stakeholders
- Innovative, forward thinker with a demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, as well as strong relationship management capabilities
- Strong understanding of the mechanics of data structures
- Knowledge of industry standards of payment and technology distribution policies
- Ability to convert business strategy into action oriented objectives and measurable results
Other Skills & Abilities:
PC proficiency and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power Point and Google applications is essential.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/473488 to apply for this job .