Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Social Media Officer
Provide oversight on all activities aimed at promoting the organisation’s corporate image and manage the organisation’s interface with the media, other corporate entities and the public/society at large.
Ensure that internal and external communication activities are in line with corporate communications policies anEnsure that internal and external communication activities are in line with corporate communications policies and procedures as well as national/ international media standards.
- Champion the articulation of the brand strategy of the VFD Group and its related entities in-line with overall organisational objective.
- Participate in the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing communication plan that supports the strategic plans and meets the organisation’s financial and non-financial goals.
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the department’s strategic direction and objectives to all staff.
- Coordinate the execution of all work programmes and plans of the Marketing and Communication Unit.
- Champion the definition of the Unit’s processes, policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices and make recommendations to Senior Management on how they impact the unit’s role.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Corporate Communication and Branding
- Serve as the custodian of the corporate brand image ensuring consistent projection of the company and its affiliates’ brand across all spheres of the business.
- Provide strategic advice to the business to ensure all operation and practices reflect positively on the company’s brand.
- Champion the institutionalisation of the various brands across all spheres including organizational culture, work ethics, etc.
- Champion the articulation of tactics to continuously sustain/ improve the organisation’s brand and market positioning.
- Facilitate and champion campaigns to exploit market opportunities that reflect and align with various brand and values.
- Oversee the development and production of high quality, cost effective and competitive branding activities for the VFD Group and its affiliate companies.
- Coordinate and ensure development and implementation of effective media/public relations and crisis management systems and processes.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s nationwide and international media relations strategy, including handling of media queries, interviews and press conferences.
- Ensure all internal and external communications are consistent withthe various company’s brand positioning.
- Oversee and coordinate the day to day activities of the department and ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the department.
- Coordinate the preparation and compilation of agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of Senior Management.
- Manage the overall media relations program for the company and serve as a first line interface between the company and key stakeholders in local and international print, electronic and social media.
- Aggressively pursue positive media coverage for all entities and develop effective strategies to manage/mitigate negative coverage.
- Supervise the planning, organising and convening of corporate and social events (e.g. press conferences, media briefings etc.) for all entities.
- Oversee the implementation of approved Corporate Social Responsibility and community development strategy and initiatives.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Manage the periodic update of all media platforms including the websites, blogs, social media pages, etc.
- Facilitate the periodic graphic design requirements across media platforms based on own skill and where approved external resources
- Liaise with the sales teams and other relevant parties to determine customer needs and translate research activities into appropriate products/ services for customers
- Champion the introduction of new products/ services to identified target market segment
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for the group’s products/services
- Champion the marketing research activities and supervise analysis of data gathered
- Interpret data gathered and translate into profitable marketing strategies
- Liaise with the sales team to develop promotional activities for new and existing products/services
- Champion product performance assessment initiatives and recommend solutions for product improvement
Key performance indicators
Non - Financial Target (Core)
- Effectiveness of quarterly creative strategy and programs
- 10% - 20% growth of followers on social media channels monthly
- Quality of social media chatter
- Relevance and accuracy of online information put out by the various entities
- 10% monthly increase of client base
- Increase in Brand Visibility and reputation
- Quality of quarterly press release and other activities
- Market response to products
- Market share growth
- Accuracy and timeliness of management information and reports
- Experience in communication and brand management.
- Branding and graphics experience/background
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Strategic and planning skills
- Good understanding or product development and marketing
- Strong analytical skills and data driven thinking
- Experience in management of complex, multi-stakeholder projects and achieving goals on time and to budget.
- Service and goal oriented.
- Innovative and proactive personality.
- Excellent writing skills
- Good working experience and knowledge of graphic editing applications
- Team Work
- Detail Orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Time and organization management
- Degree in Communications, marketing, Public relations or related fields.
- 4 - 5 years relevant experience of which at least two (2) years must have been in a brand and corporate communication role
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/473150 to apply for this job .