This job listing has expired! Click here to view the latest Creatives/Art/Design jobs in Nigeria
Priestwood Furniture Ltd, a fast growing furniture manufacturing company in Abuja is urgently looking to hire a Factory Supervisor for their factory on Keffi Road, Abuja.
Our main products include Kitchens, Doors, Wardrobes, Hotel furniture, Office Furniture, School Furniture etc.
Qualification and Skills should include but not limited to
· Professional training in woodwork or related courses or long experience in furniture manufacturing industry.
· Experience in supervising a large work force manufacturing unit.
· Experience in supervising manufacturing as well as site work.
· Should not be less than 30 years of age.
· Must be computer literate, use of AutoCAD, SketchUP is an advantage.
· Knowledge of woodwork machine maintenance.
· Minimum of 5 years working experience in supervisory position in manufacturing of modern home and office furniture made from Panel boards/Solid wood.
· Experience of foil wrapping using vacuum press is an advantage.
· Wide knowledge in manufacturing the following products.
i. Wide range of block core doors and Hollow core doors, PVC thermofoiled cabinet doors, etc.
ii. All types of kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes, Bathroom and living room furniture.
iii. Office Cabinets, Office desk, Reception desk and counters, School desks and dining tables and other products.
· To supervise manufacturing operations with the objective of ensuring manufacturing excellence.
· Should have long experience and have worked in a Panel production factory with modern machines.
· Have experience of handling and ordering the tools required for the machines as per job profile.
· Supervise all works on hand as stated in job card to be carried out according to plan and time.
· To make sure that all production procedures and activities are met.
· Produce daily report on works in progress.
· To analyze and resolve work problems in all the production lines, maintaining quality and good workmanship.
· Liaise with the showroom and make sure that deliveries are timely and customers are satisfied with quality.
· To observe cost conspicuously by avoiding and preventing wastage.
· To ensure that the machines are properly set and used properly by the operators.
· Be able to make and interpret simple drawings and also cutting list.
· Ability to identify errors, defects of machinery and undertake immediate action.
· Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
· Able to instruct and supervise that the machines are properly set and used properly by the operators.
· Control and discipline of factory workers.