Event Planning and Production
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage, and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and Brand expectations.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revise room layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Work with media and public affairs team to coordinate press events and messaging is timed and released to effectively promote events
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Act as the point of contact as smaller events as needed.
- Help to document activities prior to and during the events for internal and external communications.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Excellent organization skills and experience with project management
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Proficient using the Web to conduct research, event administration and procurement as well as with the latest versions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Web communications, publishing, usability and/or social media is a plus.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/467962 to apply for this job .