To protects assets by planning and completing financial audits; identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls; recommending improvements. It also entails protecting assets by ensuring compliance with internal control procedures, and regulations.
· Plans financial audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
· Maintains internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
· Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing and analysing items and collateral to documentation.
· Protects organization's reputation by keeping all financial information confidential.
· Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
· Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports.
· Completes audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
· Assesses compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analysing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
Auditor Skills and Qualification:
· Must possess a degree in Accounting or other related fields.
· Must have three to five years working experience.
Additional qualification/skills as below will be an advantage:
· Professional certifications such as certified public accountant (CPA) or certified internal auditor (CIA).
· Master's in accounting or business administration (MBA) degree.
· Critical thinking, communication and analytic skills.
· Ability to interact with upper management
· Ability to work independently.
· Supervisory experience.
· Stable, moral and robust character and a good team-player.