This job listing has expired! Click here to view the latest Retail / Wholesales jobs in Nigeria
Wellrose pharmacy technicians enjoy working in a community pharmacy setting that provides total health care to their neighborhood customers.
Our pharmacy technicians are part of a community where they know their patients by name. With a holistic approach to health care management, our pharmacy staff provides a full complement of pharmaceutical services in a community pharmacy setting with a workflow model to allow world-class patient care.
Join us in making a difference in the lives of our patients, customers, and communities.
We are looking for dedicated technicians who are friendly, energetic, detail-orientated, and fast and want to work in a cutting edge environment focused on individualized patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Familiar with and follow all Wellrose best practice pharmacy procedures
• Ensure each patient/customer has a positive experience in our store by demonstrating skills consistent with Wellrose’s philosophy of providing superior customer service
• Assists Pharmacist in filling prescriptions and updating patient profiles under direct Pharmacist’s supervision, based on the extent allowable by State/Federal law. Retrieves, pours, counts, labels and reconstitutes prescription medications
• Access, input, and retrieve information on pharmacy computer system in order to maintain accurate records and create labels for prescriptions, which includes typing dosage instructions, name of drug, and quantity as required by abbreviated or symbolized information written on physicians' orders
• Receives refill requests from patients
• Prepares third-party insurance claims
• Orders, receives and stocks prescription drugs and supplies
• Counts stock and enters data into computer to maintain inventory records for pharmacy
• Performs electronic transactions using a cash register in processing payments for store products, including those for our pharmacy and wellness services
• Maintain cleanliness of the pharmacy areas of the store, including restroom, throughout the day
• Follows proper pharmacy and general safety and security procedures and processes
• Other duties as assigned concurrent with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Diploma or equivalent work experience of at least 1 year as a Pharmacy technician or training
.• Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with all patient information
• Demonstrated prior cash register/customer service skills and an ability to interact cohesively with colleagues in a team environment
• Able to type 35 words per minute
• Excellent computer, typing, communication, and arithmetic (including decimals and percentages) skills
• Understands and can perform basic pharmaceutical calculations in order to obtain correct doses of medications
• Read and transcribe pharmaceutical information
• Ability to learn and accurately operate pharmacy computer systems, cash register, and other equipment
• Excellent multi-tasking, accuracy, and attention to detail skills
• Flexibility to work weekends, nights, and holidays, as required
• Must be able to lift and carry
Wellrose is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer ( and welcomes diverse talent and backgrounds.