A reputable and leading State University in Nigeria seeks to employ seasoned professionals into her workforce to enhance the quality of staff and further polish the quality of graduates by the University.
- Develop and implement new methods of teaching to reflect changes in research.
- Design, prepare and develop teaching materials
- Deliver lectures, seminars and tutorials
- Assess students' coursework
- Set and mark examinations
- Support students through a pastoral/advisory role
- Undertake personal research projects and actively contributing to the institution’s research profile
- Write up research and prepare it for publication
- Supervise students’ research activities
- Undertake continuous professional development (CPD) and participate in staff training activities
- Undertake administrative tasks related to the department, such as student admissions, induction programmes and involvement in committees and boards
- Manage and supervise staff - at a senior level this may include the role of head of department
- Represent the institution at professional conferences and seminars, and contribute to these as necessary
- Establish collaborative links outside the university with industrial, commercial and public organisations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Candidates should possess a minimum of Masters Degree in the relevant field with two (2) years experience or PhD in the relevant field with Masters Degree;
- Apart from teaching and research works, candidates with Masters Degree must qualify fora PhD programme.
- Demonstrable ability to initiate, develop and supervise research, capacity for academic leadership and a good record of scholarly publications are essential.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/235123 to apply for this job .