An oil and gas company require the service of a qualified person to fill this position
- Ensure that the loading arm(s) are drained, purged and disconnected prior to ship movement and that ESD (emergency shut down) devices at terminal and on board vessels are connected and work correctly
- Liaise with pilots, ship’s officers and Marine Superintendent to confirm that all shore personnel are clear of the mooring and the gangway is in place safely
- Participate in pre-loading meeting to define and implement the loading sequence such as tank status on arrival, cool-down procedure, bulk loading procedure, de-ballasting, anticipated weather and sea conditions, communications with terminal & stand-by tug, emergency procedures etc.
- Ensure that all loading activities are correctly performed in line with the loading procedures and confirm to the control room that the vessel is ready (manifold open, pressure/vacuum valves lined-up, designated cargo tanks open) to receive cargo
- Confirm the pre-arranged loading rate and ensure that loading rates and quantities are calculated and recorded hourly by the vessel and Balhaf control room
- Ensure that the gauging activities are performed correctly and approve the quantities loaded
- Maintain formal records of each loading activity (Bill of lading, export certificates, calculations and participate post loading meetings
- Inspect and give approval regarding the quality of water from segregated ballast tanks prior to discharge
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years experience in oil and gas plant operation with a minimum of 3 years as the supervisor responsible for loading operations at a terminal
- Excellent experience of marine operations and loading operations
- Good working knowledge of computer applications and standard software
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English with very good communication skills
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/202866 to apply for this job .