Is Your Work-Life a Disaster? – Dealing with Job Dissatisfaction

You’ve spent the past few years of your life -maybe more- on this job and it has gradually become a drag with overwhelming pressure able to surmount your emotional stability. You loathe the deadlines; the incentives don’t spur you on to produce better results, most importantly, you are completely fed up with the routine.  Chances are

[ Read More ]

The Elevator Pitch for a Job-Seeker

Have you ever considered the possibility of your introductory speech getting you a job?  what do you think an interviewer wants to hear when s/he says- “tell me something about you”, “walk me through your background”, :why should I hire you?”; or you attend a networking event and you come face-to-face with the VP of

[ Read More ]

How to Effectively Manage Time at Work.

Engaging in strenuous practices like juggling activities at work on a daily basis can be exasperating. The average worker spends more time trying to start something than actually working on it. He makes effort to achieve so much in a day, having broad-ranged goals lined up, he spends additional hours after work – round the

[ Read More ]

What Makes a Good Résumé?

Your résumé (or CV) is your sales pitch on paper. It’s an important job-search tool that gives a summary of your background, work experience, skills and it’s usually your first contact with any potential employer. How you go about preparing and presenting your résumé altogether determine whether you’ll land a job interview or not. You

[ Read More ]

How To Get a Job (without quitting first).

In a time when most economies of the world are experiencing a major downturn, job-security becomes an effacing concept. With the emergence of new government policies and strategies; more firms are merging while some others are collapsing. Employees – who are usually at the receiving end -now face more work pressure, more responsibilities are being

[ Read More ]

3 Common Mistakes Most Recent Graduates Make in Their Job-Search

Being something you eagerly looked forward to, becoming a graduate could be fascinating. Finally, you’ve begun enjoying freshness outside the four walls of school; those long unending hours of classroom lectures and assignments have all come to a halt- at least for a while. However, the stakes are raised higher; more is expected from you,

[ Read More ]

What If You Got Fired Today?

  You walk into your office this morning beaming with smiles, probably the first in a long time; your colleagues are wondering what happened to you the night before. Some minutes before you settle into the day’s work, your boss calls you into his office. He offers you a handshake and a seat, you sat

[ Read More ]

A Closer Look at Career Networking for Job-Seekers

 A report in 2011 revealed that nearly 65% of job openings are filled through internal movement and referrals. In other words, jobs are given to individuals who have ‘connections’ within respective Organisations. This invariably leaves 35% of job openings being filled by candidates with the best résumés and interview performances. Getting few responses after submitting

[ Read More ]

What You Do Not Know About Jobberman

One website that has become synonymous with online job applications in Nigeria is. www.jobberman.com. Launched in August 2009, the site is unique in its user friendly outlay and a wide range of job opportunities in almost every sector of the economy. From fresh graduates, to mid-career opportunities, to top executive positions, jobberman.com has rich content that

[ Read More ]

How To Survive In The Nigerian Job Market

With the constant changes in the Nigerian economy, the job market is affected. Every year, graduates are released into the market with no corresponding employment opportunities. Many are left to find their “bearings“. However, few lucky, smart and intelligent ones get the jobs. The fact is employers are reluctant to hire and want more productivity

[ Read More ]