This is because, last Saturday, 19th November, 2011, President Goodluck Jonathan released a N50 billion start up capital for the final commencement of the YouWin project (www.youwin.org.ng), a programme designed by the Federal Government, in partnership with private corporate bodies, to encourage and finance aspiring and existing youth entrepreneurs in order to create jobs for the teeming unemployed youths in Nigeria. This fund will be given as grants to winners of business ideas that are considered worthy of the award.
So, if you have a business idea you think, nay, know will sell, but have no funds or you have kick-started one but have challenge with finance, here is a programme you can take advantage of. The good news is that the deadline for submission for application has been extended to Friday, 25th November, 2011 (tomorrow!). So, hurry now, if you are yet to apply. Other important dates you should put in mind are:
- Sat, Dec 3, 2011 – Notification of second round candidates and invitation for zonal training on a rolling basis
- Monday, Dec 5 –Training for the first batch of second round candidates commences
- Saturday, Dec 31, 2011 – Submission of second round business plan entries closes
- Thursday, January 26, 2012 – Notification of winners will be completed.
Who knows? You may be one of the lucky1,200 award recipients, so your chances are high. Grab this unique opportunity and apply here.
Click on the videos below and watch Nigerian ministers speak on the YouWiN! project.
Dr. Okonji Iweala (Minister of Finance)
Dr. Bolaji Abdullahi (Minister of Youth Development)
Omobola Johnson (Minister of Communication Technology)
* What is your opinion about this initiative by the Federal Government? Feel free to comment.