SGMC has a bold vision: we want to be the leading innovator in our field, with skilled employees who are motivated to deliver the best patient outcomes for our clients. We want to contribute to cancer, treatment and research as we strive to give our patients the most effective therapies. Ultimately, we want to build a healthy company with a business model that works in Africa, and with best practices that help us grow our prominent role in private oncology treatment in West Africa.
As a Client Support Officer, you will be expected to act according to SGMC’s vision as a Centre of Excellence and contribute to a professional and pleasant atmosphere both between colleagues and in patient relations. Moreover, you will be required to work in accordance with the codes and relevant guidelines of your professional licensing body.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be expected to achieve a high standard of performance as a client support officer while you deliver on the following broad Job requirements, the details of which will be provided to you in your job description:
The Client Support Officer (CSO) provides administrative and logistical support for SGMC’S Case Management Department. The CSO’S work ensures that Case Coordinator and Manager can help SGMC patients achieve the best possible treatment outcomes, and that patients can access the SGMC facility and complete their treatments with efficient support for their administrative and logistic needs.
Key requirements include excellent verbal communication skills, must be multi-lingual with emphasis on English and French, demonstrated organizational and administrative skills, ability to coordinate resources and to work well with a wide range of people in a fast paced environment.
Additionally, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and very good end-user-computing skills.
You will have overall responsibility for ensuring that logistical and administrative support is provided by:
- Managing patient reception area: handling telephone and email enquiries, greeting and receiving patients and their families, making them feel welcome and acquainting them with the various processes and units that they will encounter as part of their treatment at SGMC.
- Handling patient requests and enquiries: always attempting to first assist in handling enquiries before transferring calls/email information requests-and ensuring that clients receive necessary attention and interaction in their time with SGMC.
- Providing the Case Managers with administrative and organizational support in requesting and processing patient medical appointments, following through on meeting patient needs around medicines, consumables and related treatments.
- Helping the Case Management Department to transition patients out of their cancer treatment cycles by keeping medical records up to date, and provide accurate billing and follow-up information.
- In the event of the death of a patient, ensuring that the family receives compassionate understanding, as well as practical logistical support for the repatriation of mortal remains-including help with completing requisite paperwork, and obtaining necessary approvals.
- Complying with all necessary international protocols and statutory obligations related to oncology patient care in Ghana.
- Always being customer-focused: striving for excellence in service to all customers in every aspect of the SGMC Centre’s work and mission.
- Demonstrating positive Teamwork: Interacting effectively and building respectful relationships within and between units and among individuals.
- Showing Efficiency: Accomplishing work in ways that maximize available Company resources and minimize waste.
Qualification, Skills & Experience
- Educated to relevant degree/diploma or equivalent.
- Must be multi- lingual. French and English is a must.
- Ability to deal with confidential issues.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service role
- Similar experience within a healthcare setting, experience of using a patient administration system and understanding a range of work procedures associated with outpatient department arrangement.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate to patients/families via the telephone or face to face.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, staff and volunteers on a face-face basis when working in an outpatient reception area.
Remuneration: Very Attractive
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/495953 to apply for this job .