BitPesa is a cutting-edge Pan-Africa foreign exchange company, providing low-cost, fast and secure payments to, from, and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa is an online platform that allows individuals and small businesses to purchase Bitcoin in their home currency and send money through BitPesa, which distributes African currency across 5 mobile money networks and into over 60 bank networks. BitPesa also allows customers to purchase Bitcoins in local African currency, for trading, and to make online and international payments. Our full-time team of 20 spans across 3 continents (From Nairobi and San Francisco to London and Talinn) and includes former employees of Google, Apple, Facebook, JPMorgan, Credit Suisse, Deloitte Consulting, and Price water house Coopers.
BitPesa is seeking a hard-working, motivated finance associate with 1-3 years of experience who wants to join a growing startup.
- Verify customer payments
- Book payments
- Work with the trader and customer service team to process customer transactions
- Respond to customer inquiries and research payment issues
- Maintain accounts payable and ensure invoices are paid on time
- Reconcile client transactions to bitcoin blockchain and bank statements
- Reconcile bank statements and accounting records
- Report volumes and revenue to senior management
- Work closely with the data analyst and trader to maintain transaction data integrity
- Any other duty as assigned by the Head of Finance.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of performing under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate will be responsible for customer payments, cash reconciliation, assisting with trade confirmations, basic accounting tasks, and ad hoc projects.
- You will support the finance and trading team which are based in Kenya, however the operations cover multiple time zones and locations (Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria, along with counter parties in Europe and the US). This is not your average back office role.
- Career advancement is available to a top performing candidate.
- This is an exciting opportunity to help Africa’s leading digital currency startup build a brand in East and West Africa.
- Move with BitPesa, Move with Africa.
- University degree from top school in business, commerce, accounting, or a hard science (math, physics, computer science, etc)
- Advanced MS Excel skills (you will be tested)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Basic understanding of accounting principals
- Desire to work at a growing startup
- Comfortable working remotely
- For Nairobi, Kenya location, willingness to work a late shift (10:30-19:30)
Highly competitive. Monthly salary to be determined based on experience
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/495344 to apply for this job .