IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
The ‘Head of Procurement - Technical’ will lead a Procurement team that will design, develop and oversee implementation of the company-wide strategy for: Technical Procurement.
- To understand and communicate regional requirements to appropriate team members, and manage all requirements accordingly for the region.
- Develop strategies in support of key projects and initiatives tailored to the category
- Facilitate agreement with business partners and other stakeholders
- Execute category and contracting strategies, monitor and manage progress to plan
- Communicate key presentations to senior leadership (directors)
- Communicate strategy, performance, risk and opportunities to stakeholders
- Ensure key performance indicators are in place to manage performance across BUs
- Identify risk and support mitigation plans
- Assess current and potential supply base
- Develop demand profile and identify niche support
- Develop plans to manage capacity and capability
- Develop negotiation strategies for strategic sourcing events
- Develop supply chain capability to meet future business needs; and, ultimately,
- Actively manage supply risk and performance;
- Deliver defined value adding targets and measures;
- Deliver defined savings targets;
- Deliver effective Procurement solutions across the Business in line with the Group’s business targets and objectives;
- Develop contracting strategies
Qualifications & Experience:
- First Degree, Certified Purchaser (CIPS) preferred and Master’s Degree will be advantageous.
- Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced Problem Solving and numerate analytical skills.
- Excellent literacy skills.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office, ERP, Data Analysis).
- Strong influencing skills at senior levels to influence acceptance of new ways of working and building strategic awareness.
- Stakeholder relationships: building trust and fostering collaboration; excellent team management and interpersonal people skills are essential.
- Communicating effectively: strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking complimented by excellent organisational and Project Management skills.
- Ability to negotiate commercial and contractual terms at the highest levels with suppliers.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/495204 to apply for this job .