Tropical Naturals Limited seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- Managing the accounting/finance department of the firm and overseeing daily accounting operations.
- Administration: Supervising staff; planning, organizing and implementing administrative systems.
- Supervision and Interaction:
- Reports to the board of directors
- Oversee accounting department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Maintains administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Provides supplies by identifying needs for reception, switchboard, mailroom, and kitchen; establishing policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Post-graduate degree (MSc) in Accounting or Finance
- Additionally, an MBA is a bonus
- Minimum of 15 years work experience in Accounting or FInance
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACAA)
- Administrative management experience in a manufacturing firm
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Advanced mathematical, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- Computer and research skills
- Use of advanced accounting software (Peachtree/Sage50)
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/495168 to apply for this job .