Pfizer - Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That's why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
Responsible for the operational management of the Finance and Accounting functions including maintaining financial integrity and to support decision making that contributes to the successful achievement of business and strategic goals of Pfizer NEAR.
To ensure strict adherence to policies, procedures and regulatory requirements across the entire business and its clusters. To assume leadership role within the management team and participate in broad decision making.
- Ensure all transaction activity is carried out in accordance with local and Pfizer accounting policies and procedures and ensure that integrity of the financial statements is maintained at all times.
- Providing and interpreting financial information;
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends;
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk;
- Managing a company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
- Supervision of the tax, and any required statutory declarations
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out;
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. auditors, tax advisors etc,
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines;
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Rolling out updated policies & procedures and monitor compliance thereafter.
- Investigate/explain/understand variances and/or resolve consolidation issues/errors.
- Responsible for planning and budgeting/forecasting process and providing planning and decision making support to the Commercial business unit leaders and FD
- Provides leadership for monthly/quarterly close, monthly review with operations and corporate requests for financial data to fulfill reporting requirements.
- Support business unit managers in the process of gaining approval of local business proposals and acts as advocate for locally developed plans in wider organization.
- Special reports required by NY/Regional Office
- Managing the accounting team
- Ensure team is motivated and appropriate roles and responsibilities are assigned.
- Ensures succession planning with a long term view in mind.
- Commits to coaching, mentoring and development of employees.
- Keeps open door as a policy to understand / address employee concerns and take required actions.
- Sets realistic expectations for the team.
- Available for leadership direction as required by the team.
- Local lead to support current and any future organizational restructurings.
- Additional task as required within the function
- The individual must have strong analytical and interpersonal skills and be willing to actively partner with other functions to drive meaningful business results.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill and experience with local accounting system, budgeting, forecasting, planning and analysis are prerequisites.
- Highly proactive and a “self-starter”.
- Demonstrated ability to consolidate/review large amounts of data and provide clear, concise and insightful updates on business issues and performance on a timely and regular basis.
- Able to work effectively within market colleagues and successfully balance the role of being customer focused while maintaining objectivity.
- Can build effective working relationships with general management in the region as well as NYHQ groups.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and the ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities.
- Strong preference for solid international exposure and acquaintance with working in a multi-cultural environment
- Familiar with Financial reporting systems
- Strong communication skills - written and oral
- Core Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning & Problem-solving
- Drive for results/Action oriented
- Team Leadership
- Impact and Influence
- Developing People/ Building Expertise
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal & communication skills
- Minimum 5 years accounting/finance/audit experience, preferably within pharmaceutical industry
- MBA or CPA/CA strongly preferred.
- Resources Managed (budget and FTEs):
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/495030 to apply for this job .