The Nigerian Dairy Development Program (NDDP) is geared towards improving the livelihoods of smallholder dairy farmers in Nigeria by improving the productivity of their cattle and integrating them into the formal dairy value chain in Nigeria. The Project also includes a nutrition component and gender component which are geared towards improving nutrition outcomes and promoting women empowerment in smallholder farming communities
This project is implemented by Sahel Capital Partners & Advisory Ltd. and a consortium of other partners. The project seeks to boost the yields and incomes of smallholder farmers, increase nutrition outcomes and empower women involved in agriculture in Africa.
Under the direction of the Project Director, the principal role of the Project Manager will be to ensure timely and high quality project implementation. He/she will be responsible for all aspects of program implementation including, planning, coordination of, management and reporting of project activities, he/she will oversee the project team and the work of a range of sub-grantees and sub-contractors.
- Program Implementation
- Lead the Program Management Office (PMO) of the NDDP under the direction of the Program Director to ensure high quality implementation of the NDDP’s activities.
- Lead the planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress on project, implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources, effective financial management and reporting; use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Oversee the activities of all members of the project team
- Manage project coordination within the PMO, with the implementing partners, and other key stakeholders including federal, state and local governments and other entities involved in the program for effective delivery of project activities.
- Set up and coordinate activities of the project’s external technical advisory committee.
- Manage process to award grants to implementing partners and contractors involved in the project. Ensure effective utilization of project funds by grantees. Coordinate and oversees using a participatory style annual planning activities, tracking and reporting against plan.
- Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Assist the Project Director in managing effective communication and relationship with the donor organization, the implementing partners and other key stakeholders in the public sector
- Lead the preparation of progress reports (quarterly, annual, final) around updates against plan, key timelines and milestones. Respond to the queries related to project particularly related to technical aspects of the project.
- Lead annual strategic planning exercises in order to develop annual strategic plans, integrated workplans and review. Set up quarterly reporting system involving all key partners, including private companies and contractors.
- Ensure project abides by donor requirements/regulations as well as Sahel’s procedures and policies for compliance, including financial reporting, grant management etc.
- Oversee monitoring progress and evaluation of project activities including financial performances
- Maintain up to date documentation related to project approval, monitoring and implementation.
- Participate in monthly field visits to project sites as per the requirement of the project
Qualification and Requirements:
- A Master's degree in relevant field
- At least 7 years of working experience in program management in agriculture, development or food security programs, including developing and managing project plans, financial budgeting and management, reporting
- Experience in managing programs using international standards, including grant provisions and guidelines, proposal formats and reporting requirements
- Strong networks with key stakeholders in the agriculture landscape in both the public, private and development sector. Experience in collaborating and managing relationships with federal and state governments, development organizations, NGOs, private sector and other key stakeholders
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong program management skills and high level of analytical skills in planning and project implementation
- Ability to be flexible, respond professionally, and establish priorities in often fluid, changing, and challenging situations with little clear guidance is necessary.
- Ability to work calmly, tactfully, and effectively under pressure and to demonstrate extreme flexibility in managing more than one activity.
- Proficiency in the English language (required), Yoruba, Fulani and Hausa (preferred)
- PMP certification (preferred)
Position based: Lagos (Project Management Office) with occasional travels across Nigeria, including Northern Sates as will be required.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494998 to apply for this job .